OSU Agricultural Communications Services wins awards
Friday, July 22, 2022
Media Contact: Jami Mattox | Agricultural Communications Services | 405-744-7063 | email@example.com
Oklahoma State University Agricultural Communications Services employees have earned a total of 20 awards in international, national and state competitions this year.
“Our communications and marketing team is honored to serve OSU students and the people of Oklahoma with educational news and information,” Lyndall Stout, OSU Agricultural Communications Services director, said. “And when these talented professionals receive recognition and awards for the work they love to do, it really is the icing on the cake. I’m so proud of them.”
ACE is an international association of communicators, educators and information technologists who focus on communicating research-based information in agriculture, natural resources and human and life sciences.
- Alisa Boswell-Gore and Todd Johnson — Bronze Award Winner, News Release: “OSU scientists make wheat gene discovery”
- Mandy Gross, Craig Woods, Lyndall Stout and Todd Johnson — Silver Award Winner, Marketing Communications Campaign with Budget of $1,000 or Above: “OSU Agriculture Honors”
- Kristin Knight and Emily Gerstenkorn — Gold Award Winner, Logos: “4-H Roundup Centennial Logo”
- Jami Mattox, Kristin Knight, Samantha Siler, Taylor Harbuck, Cynda Clary — Silver Award Winner, Social Media Videos: "Dress to Impress"
NAADA provides education, support and recognition for professionals and volunteers dedicated to expanding resources for advancing agriculture and related disciplines through land-grant and other colleges of agricultural sciences and partner programs.
- Cynda Clary, Taylor Harbuck, Kristin Knight, Jami Mattox and Samantha Siler — Second Place, Multimedia & Promotional Materials Division – Social Media Category: “Prepare for the Fair: Instagram Reel Series”
National ACT is a leading collegiate organization committed to developing and strengthening agricultural communication students through professional growth opportunities and educational programs.
- Hunter Gibson — First Place, Short Feature Story: “Engineering a Legacy”
- Hunter Gibson — Second Place, Scenic Photo: “Scorching Sunset”
OCPRA connects communicators and public relations professionals in colleges and universities across the state through education, funding and networking.
- Alisa Boswell-Gore — Grand Award, News Writing: “OSU announces two new turfgrass varieties”
- Alisa Boswell-Gore — Achievement Award, News Writing: “Beetle saliva shows potential to create a natural antibiotic”
- Alisa Boswell-Gore — Achievement Award, News Writing: “OSU scientist discovers a wheat gene that increases grain yield”
- Elizabeth Brock, Daniel Farris, Casey Hentges and Craig Woods — Achievement Award, Video Feature: “Oklahoma Gardening: Fashion Design with Cotton”
- Cynda Clary, Taylor Harbuck, Kristin Knight, Jami Mattox and Samantha Siler — Grand Award, Bright Idea: “Dress to Impress Instagram Reel”
- Gail Ellis — Excellence Award, News Writing: “High input costs require a ‘sharp pencil’ to assess farming operations”
- Vince Giannotti, Mandy Gross and Craig Woods — Achievement Award, Video Featurette: “OSU Agriculture Holiday Greeting”
- Vince Giannotti, Mandy Gross and Craig Woods — Achievement Award, Holiday Greeting: “OSU Agriculture Holiday Greeting”
- Mandy Gross: Excellence Award, Special Publications — “New Frontiers Construction Annual Report”
- Mandy Gross: Achievement Award, Web Design — “New Frontiers Construction Updates Website”
- Mandy Gross and Christy Henley (OSU Foundation) — Achievement Award, Promotional Item: “OSU Agriculture New Frontiers Tailgate Bandana”
- Kristin Knight and Audrey Ochsner — Excellence Award, Events/Promotion: “4-H Centennial Roundup”
- Samantha Siler — Grand Award, Social Media Campaign: "FirstGenProud"
The OSU Department of Agricultural Education, Communications and Leadership also placed at OCPRA.
- Molly Fought, Devin Griffth, Baylee Hogan and Shelly Legg — Grand Award, Magazine: Cowboy Journal Vol. 24 No. 1