The Oklahoma Society of Certified Public Accountants released the names of its 2016 Trailblazers in conjunction with the March/April special issue of the society’s magazine, CPAFOCUS. Only 20 OSCPA members are selected for the honor each year and half are Oklahoma State University graduates:
- Robert Benson, CPA; an assurance manager with Ernst & Young LLP in Tulsa, Oklahoma.
- Ashley Cooper, CPA; a tax manager with HoganTaylor, LLP in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma.
- Megan Fredrickson, CPA; a director of tax and principal with Jenson & Company, CPAs, P.C. in Edmond, Oklahoma.
- Patrick McFeeters, CPA; a chief financial officer with Innov8ive Software Consultants in Oklahoma City.
- Jacob Pasby, CPA; a controller with Arnold Oil Properties in Oklahoma City.
- Kristine Thompson, CPA; a tax manager with Eide Bailly, LLP in Oklahoma City.
- Wendy Thompson, CPA, CGMA; a manager of transportation accounting with Love’s Travel Stops & Country Stores in Oklahoma City.
- Jana Walker, CPA, a partner with FSW&B CPAs-PLLC in Stillwater, Oklahoma.
- Evan West, CPA; a senior manager in business tax services with Ernst & Young LLP in Tulsa.
- Chris Zach, CPA; a marketing specialist with BKD CPAs & Advisors in Oklahoma City.
The Trailblazer program was established in 2010 to recognize the innovation, professional dedication and community commitment of the OSCPA’s New CPAs, defined as members who are under the age of 40 or who have five or fewer years of CPA experience.
“We are honored to have [the Trailblazers] as members of our profession,” said OSCPA President Robin Byford, CPA, CFP®, senior vice president of wealth management with Merrill Lynch in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma. “Their leadership and talents are valuable to us for our future.”
The 2016 Trailblazer honorees will be celebrated at the OSCPA’s 98th Annual Members Meeting on June 10, 2016, in Oklahoma City.
The OSCPA accepts Trailblazer nominations from members and non-members every year during summer and fall. The OSCPA Public Relations Committee selected this year’s class of Trailblazers from more than 40 nominations.
See more details about each honoree in the March/April special issue of the society’s magazine, CPAFOCUS.