Nationally recognized authorities in the field of data analytics will be speaking at the 4th Annual Big Data Analytics Conference from 10:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. March 8 at the National Cowboy and Western Heritage Museum in Oklahoma City. Presented by Oklahoma State University, the conference brings Oklahoma and regional professionals interested in analytics together to network with each other as well as learn from some of the world’s top practitioners.
Participants will have the opportunity to learn from a wide range of speakers, including George Blankenship, former executive of Tesla Motors, Apple Computer, and GAP Inc. He will be speaking on the “Future of Innovation” at the Executive Management Briefing breakfast, which is optional to attend for Big Data Analytics Conference participants. The Executive Management Briefing is from 8:00-9:45 a.m. prior to the Big Data Analytics Conference. The briefing is sponsored by OSU and 28 corporate sponsors.
“This conference is a great opportunity for all organizations interested in strategically using big data,” said Mark Nance, Chief Data Officer of American Fidelity. “If you are interested in exploring analytics applications and learning from national experts on maximizing the use of big data then this is a great conference to attend.”
Speakers and topics at the conference include:
- “Determining the Economic Value of your Big Data” by Bill Schmarzo, Chief Technology Officer, Big Data Practice, Dell EMC Services, Palo Alto, Calif.;
- “The Three Essential Pillars of a Brand-Wide Customer Experience” by John Timmerman, Global Industry Evangelist, Teradata, Columbia, S.C.;
- “Rise of the Intelligent Internet of Things – Opportunities and Challenges of Connected People, Environments, and Machines” by Mark Wolff, Advisory Industry Consultant, Chief Health Analytics Strategist, Health and Life Sciences Global Practice, SAS Institute, Cary, N.C.;
- “Creating Value with Big Data” panel discussion with Tony Capucille, President, Heartland, Inc.; Megan Clifford, Data Scientist, American Fidelity; Kevin Decker, Director, Production Services, Chesapeake Energy Corporation; Shan Kirtley, Vice President, Sales, Ditch Witch, and Dag Yemenu, Senior Vice President, Technical Services, ISN;
- “Big Data Infrastructure Approaches” panel discussion with Kathy Ball, Advanced Analytics and Data Science, Manager, Devon Energy; Brian Bickell, Principal, Data Practice Lead, Interworks; Elvena Fong, Health Data Analytics Program Manager, OSU Center for Health Systems Innovation, and Sanjeev Taran, Senior Manager, Lead Architect, Big Data and Analytics Implementations, Deloitte.
“The importance of big data continues to grow with interesting applications emerging in various areas including health, energy, insurance, sports and gaming,” said Ramesh Sharda, Vice Dean of the Watson Graduate School of Management in OSU’s Spears School of Business. “The conference, in its fourth year, has brought top-notch speakers from Oklahoma State University’s strategic analytics partners, SAS and Teradata. In addition, the panels comprising of Oklahoma and national analytics practitioners share best practices and lessons learned.”
“It also gives attendees an opportunity to network with students and faculty from OSU’s top-ranked analytics programs – Master’s in Business Analytics, Master’s in MIS (Data Science) and MBA with Marketing Analytics, which has produced outstanding graduates working as analytics managers and leaders all over the world,” said Goutam Chakraborty, SAS Professorship in Analytics in the OSU School of Marketing and International Business.
Individual registration for the conference is $250, or $335 per person for the conference as well as the Executive Management Briefing breakfast with George Blankenship. A discount is available for multiple registrations of eight or more participants.
ISN, Oklahoma Heart Hospital, and RSM are silver sponsors of the conference. Gold and silver sponsorships are still available.
For more information or to register, please visit https://business.okstate.edu/cepd/open-enrollment/conferences/big-data/index.html or contact Krysta Gilbert, OSU program coordinator, at 405-744-5086.