OSU School of Accounting presents annual accounting conferences in Tulsa
Thursday, September 20, 2018
The School of Accounting at Oklahoma State University will be hosting the 18th Annual Accounting and Financial Reporting Conference and 14th Annual Oil and Gas Accounting Conference Nov. 15-16 in Tulsa.
“The School of Accounting is excited to continue our annual accounting conferences,” said Audrey A. Gramling, head of the School of Accounting and Wilton T. Anderson Chair. “These conferences provide participants the opportunity to learn from experts in the field, as well as the opportunity to network with other professionals.”
These conferences are for all professionals in accounting and financial reporting. Attendees will earn nine hours of CPE credit, including two hours of ethics, by attending the 18th Annual Accounting and Financial Reporting Conference and earn four hours of CPE credit by attending the 14th Annual Oil and Gas Accounting Conference.
“We are proud to be hosting nationally recognized experts,” said Dan Gilliam, Oil and Gas Accounting Conference chair. “They will be addressing relevant topics in accounting, providing attendees with well-rounded training on current conditions of the industry.”
“This conference is a great way to earn quality CPE, and conference proceeds are used to support students in the School of Accounting,” said Accounting and Financial Reporting Conference chair Melanie Harvey.
The 18th Annual Accounting and Financial Reporting Conference will be from 8 a.m.-5 p.m. Nov. 15 at the Marriott Tulsa Hotel Southern Hills, including the following topics and speakers:
- Current SEC Reporting Issues with Melissa Rocha, Senior Assistant Chief Accountant, Division of Corporation Finance, Securities and Exchange Commission, Washington, D.C.
- Application of Lessons Learned from Revenue Recognition Implementation to Adopting the Lease Accounting Standard with Ted Timmermans, Vice President, Controller, Chief Accounting Officer, The Williams Companies Inc., Tulsa.
- Implementation of the New Leasing Standard with Anthony Muniz, Oil and Gas Senior Manager, Deloitte, Houston.
- Creating a Positive Ethical Culture with Jeff Wilkie, Consulting Executive, Human Capital and Organizational Strategies, HoganTaylor LLP, Tulsa.
- Accountability for Accountants with Lee Manzer, Professor, School of Marketing and International Business, Spears School of Business, Oklahoma State University, Stillwater.
- The Evolution of Analytics in Business with David Maberry, Managing Director, PricewaterhouseCooper, Oklahoma City.
- Cyber Resilience and Incident Response Forensics with Joshua Axelrod, Principal, Security Leader for Energy, EY, Charlotte, N.C., and Scotty Clary, Principal, Fraud, Technology Investigations, and Disputes Practice, EY, Houston.
- The Threat Environment is Evolving with Tom Durkin, Managing Director, Global Product Executive Digital Channels, Global Transaction Services, Bank of America Merrill Lynch, Chicago.
- Crossing the Ethical Boundary: Insights from a Fraud Investigator with Angela Morelock, Partner, Forensics and Valuation Services, BKD CPAs & Advisors, Springfield, Mo.
The Accounting and Financial Reporting Conference platinum sponsor is Opportune, gold sponsors are ConocoPhillips, Phillips 66 and WPX Energy and silver sponsors are BKD, Deloitte, EY, Grant Thornton, Halliburton, KMPG, Stinnett and Associates and Waterfield Energy.
The 14th Annual Oil and Gas Accounting Conference will be 8 a.m.-12:10 p.m. Nov. 16 at the Marriott Tulsa Hotel Southern Hills. The conference topics and speakers are:
- Tax Cuts and Jobs Act with Chris Delk, Vice President, General Tax Counsel, ConocoPhillips, Houston.
- SEC Staff Perspective in Accounting and Reporting Matters with Jonathan Duersch, Associate Chief Accountant, Office of the Chief Accountant, U.S. Securities & Exchange Commission, Washington, D.C.
- Blockchain and Distributed Ledger Technology with Shane Randolph, Managing Director, Opportune LLP, Tulsa.
- State of the Oklahoma Oil and Gas Industry with Chad Warmington, President, Oklahoma Oil and Gas Association, Oklahoma City.
The Oil and Gas Accounting Conference platinum sponsor is Opportune and gold sponsors are BKD, ConocoPhillips, Deloitte, EY, Grant Thornton, OSU Foundation, Phillips 66, Stinnett and Associates, Waterfield Energy and WPX Energy.
Cost of attendance is $325 per person for the 18th Annual Accounting and Financial Reporting Conference and $215 per person for the 14th Annual Oil and Gas Accounting Conference. Group discounts of 10 or more people are available for the Accounting and Financial Reporting Conference. Register at https://business.okstate.edu/cepd/acct/acctfrc/index.html or by calling 405-744-5208.