A group of Oklahoma State University master’s in business analytics students – each of them scholarship recipients – were participants at the recent 2019 Midwest Users SAS® Conference in Chicago.
The OSU Spears School of Business graduate students participated in the three-day conference which included paper and poster presentations from other SAS® users, hands-on workshops, live demonstrations and opportunities to network with other SAS® users. In addition, they visited with SAS® staff who provided their unique expertise and insight.
Gopi Govindarajula’s paper, “Classifying Risk in Life Insurance using Predictive Analytics,” received the Best Contributed Paper in Industry award.
“I feel really happy to win the Best Paper Award in Industry section,” Govindarajula said. “It served as an acknowledgment for the work I’ve put into it.”
The other seven OSU scholarship winners and their presentations were:
- Sai Teja Sagi, “The Advent of Renewable Energy”
- Raj Laxmi Prakash, “Breaking Human Trafficking Network: An Analytics Approach”
- Thu Dinh, “Detecting Side Effects and Evaluating Effectiveness of Drugs from Customers’ Online Reviews using Text Analytics and Data Mining Models”
- Lin Qi, “Do Undergraduates Need Prerequisites for Common Courses?”
- Manasi Murde, “Why Students Opt-Out of College Enrollment?”
- Sreejita Biswas, “Taxi Ride Prediction: Does the Yellow Cab Supply Meet Customer Demands”
- Prajakta Pai, “Impact of Aging Population on Social Security and Underlying Trends”
“This is the sixth time our students participated in this conference and the first time we won the best contributed paper,” said Dr. Goutam Chakraborty, SAS professor of marketing analytics and director of the Master of Science in Business Analytics (MSBAN) program at Spears Business. “I am very happy with our students’ performance at this conference, which resulted in winning so many scholarships.”
The students said attending the conference is helping prepare them for a career in analytics.
“I interacted with a lot of professionals from the analytics community and their inputs are invaluable to me in striving for excellence in my analytics career,” Govindarajula said.
Visit the website to learn more about OSU’s MSBAN program.
CONTACT: Terry Tush | Director, Marketing and Communications | 405-744-2703 | email@example.com