Oklahoma State University’s Spears School of Business will host the Tribal Finance and Accounting Conference from 8 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Nov. 15 at the Renaissance Tulsa Hotel & Conference Center.
This conference is for all finance and accounting professionals. Attendees can earn up to 4.5 CPE hours as the conference will address accounting and finance issues that impact tribal organizations.
The Tribal Finance and Accounting Conference gold sponsors are BKD and Deloitte. A silver sponsor is Wipfli – Joseph Eve.
The Tribal Finance and Accounting Conference topics and speakers are:
- GASB update with Kevin Smith, Managing Partner, Public Sector Services, Crowe LLP, Dallas,
- Obtaining Tribal Grants with Oklahoma USDA Representative Julie Savig, Area Specialist, USDA, Chandler, Okla.,
- Opportunity Zones, panel with moderator Shawn Loader, Director, BKD CPAs & Advisors, Tulsa, and panelists Lacey Horn, Cherokee Nation, Tahlequah, Okla., Shane Jett, Executive Director, Citizen Potawatomi Community Development Corporation, Oklahoma City, and Sara Jane Smallwood-Cocke, Senior Director of Government Relations, Choctaw Nation, Shawnee, Okla.,
- Federal New Market Tax Credits with the Chickasaw Nation Community Development Endeavor including Dakota Cole, Managing Director, Ada, Okla., Monica Ellis, Senior Accountant, Ada, Okla., Jennifer Edwards, Senior Accountant, Ada, Okla., and Phil Glynn, Advisor, Kansas City, Mo.
- Top 10 Mistakes in Financing, Wilda Wahpepah, Esq., SheppardMullin, Washington, D.C.
Cost of attendance is $215 per person if attending the Nov. 15, half-day conference. A discount for this conference will be provided should you choose to attend the full-day OSU Accounting and Financial Reporting Conference on Nov. 14 in Tulsa at the Renaissance Tulsa Hotel and Convention Center.
For more information, please contact the OSU Center for Executive and Professional Development at 405-744-5208 or contact Holly Bergbower, program coordinator, for sponsorship information. Visit the website to register.
MEDIA CONTACT: Holly Bergbower|Program Coordinator|405-744-5208 |firstname.lastname@example.org