Spears Business faculty, staff honored at University Awards Convocation
Friday, December 9, 2022
Media Contact: Terry Tush | Director, Marketing and Communications | 405-744-2703 | firstname.lastname@example.org
The Spears School of Business was well represented at the annual University Awards Convocation ceremony Dec. 8 when several faculty members and a staff member were recognized for their contributions to the school’s success.
Spears Business employees honored were:
- Ken Eastman — Norman and Suzanne Myers Chair, Richard W. Poole Professor and dean of Spears Business — was given the University Service Award, presented to a faculty member, a staff member and an administrator who have given meritorious service to the university.
- Stacy Tomas — assistant professor of professional practice in the School of Hospitality and Tourism Management — was the recipient of the Outreach Faculty Excellence Award, which includes a $2,000 stipend. The award recognizes faculty who show significant achievement in the instruction of students for an extended number of years.
- Betty Simkins — Regents Professor of Finance, Williams Companies Chair in Business and head of the Department of Finance — was recognized as a recipient of the Regents Distinguished Research Award, which carries a $2,000 permanent stipend. The award recognizes faculty who have shown unusual, significant achievement in their field of research.
- Andy Luse — associate professor in the Department of Management Science and Information Systems — was presented with the Regents Distinguished Teaching Award, which includes a $2,000 permanent stiped. The award recognizes faculty who show significant achievement in the instruction of students for an extended number of years.
- Greg Eaton — assistant professor in the Department of Finance and Ed Keller Professorship — was presented the Distinguished Early Career Faculty Award, which includes a $2,000 stipend. This award recognizes faculty members who were awarded tenure within the past three years and demonstrate a strong potential for continued contributions to the university and to his/her profession in the area of instruction, research and creative activity and outreach.
- Lucy Berger — academic counselor in the Chesapeake Energy Business Student Success Center — was the recipient of the Advising Excellence Award.
In addition, the following Spears Business faculty were recognized after recently being appointed to endowed chair and professorship positions:
- Per Bylund, Johnny D. Pope Chair in Entrepreneurship
- Lindsey Greco, William S. Spears Chair in Business Administration
- Craig Sisneros, Patrick B. Dorr Professorship
- Brij Thapa, Charles W. Lanphere Professorship in Hotel and Restaurant Administration