Spears Business honors outstanding students during 2023 Best of Biz celebration
Monday, April 17, 2023
Media Contact: Terry Tush | Director, Marketing and Communications | 405-744-2703 | email@example.com
The Spears School of Business recognized student excellence for the 2022-23 school year at the Best of Biz celebration on April 14.
“We are always pleased to recognize our students for all of their amazing accomplishments,” said Dr. Ken Eastman, dean of Spears Business. “Their involvement and leadership have benefited Spears and OSU and it is an honor to publicly thank them for all they have done for us. We are proud of them and humbled to be partners in the educational journey.”
The 2023 Raymond D. Thomas Award was presented to Abby Allison. This award is named after former Spears Business dean Raymond D. Thomas and is given to one of the Outstanding Senior Award recipients. The honoree is selected by a faculty committee and is awarded based on the recipient’s organizational leadership, citizenship and scholarship.
As this year’s honoree, Allison will wear the orange gown signifying she was the top Spears Business senior, will lead the Class of 2023 into Gallagher-Iba Arena for commencement May 13 and will be the first business student to receive her diploma.
During the Best of Biz celebration, 12 students received the Spears Business Outstanding Senior Award. The award recognizes seniors who have demonstrated a strong academic record, leadership and campus and community involvement. Students selected for the award include Abby Allison, Kimberly Burns, Adriana Cervantes, Kyla Ellis Woodbridge, George Evans, Trevor Fogleman, Dawson Gates, Rachel McKisick, Felicia Mudjialim, Michael Pynn, Jace Taggart and Connor Wilson.
Eight Spears Business students were recognized for being selected as OSU Seniors of Significance by the OSU Alumni Association. Those selected were Erica Besch, Burns, Woodbridge, Gates, Ryan Jeffries, Sarah Lindley, Georgia Milhem and Pynn.
In addition, both Burns and Woodbridge were recognized as being OSU Outstanding Seniors, as selected by the OSU Alumni Association. The Spears Business students were two of 21 seniors selected to receive this honor.
Each of the nine academic departments also recognized their top five seniors:
- Accounting: McKenna Daugherty, Jacquelyn Helm, Josh Hewlett, Gracie Kittleman and Connor Wilson.
- Business Administration: Adriana Cervantes, Ryker Hughes, Christina Pembrook, Eli Riggs and Carter Robertson.
- Economics: Jacob Bookout, Trevor Fogleman, Taylor Godwin, Sarah Lindley and Alyvea Sloan.
- Entrepreneurship: Malorie Adams, Mason Allen, Ashlyn Beagley, Ryan Gabriel and Kyle Peterson.
- Finance: Adam Bedow, Erin Erdoes, Cody Marks, Jace Taggart and Kellie Woodward.
- Hospitality and Tourism Management: Erica Besch, Daysia Blackwell, Kyla Ellis Woodbridge, Lexie Graham and Sadie Walker.
- Management: Abby Allison, Kaylee Blankenship, Abby Kite, Alexandra Lopez and Lizzie Lovelace.
- MSIS: Dawson Gates, Sydney Mason, Felicia Mudjialim, Michael Pynn and Henry Rohlfing.
- Marketing and International Business: Madison Atwell, Andrew Bovee, Kimberly Burns, Rachel McKisick and Allie Tipton.
Also recognized as OSU Top Freshmen were Tristan Jones, Evelyn Larson, Austin McKay, Cade Pope, Rachel Kate Puckett, Mason Smith, Justin Stark and Joseph Walsh.
Each of the nearly 30 organizations in Spears Business honored their outstanding club member during the 2022-23 school year:
- Melat Lemma, African American Business Students Association
- Caroline Raschen, American Association of University Women
- Danielle Nester and Evelyn Larson, Association of Information Technology Professionals
- Ward Zscheische, Beta Alpha Psi
- Mackenzie Janish, Brand Squad
- Levi Murphy, Business Student Council
- Paige Peichel, Club Managers Association of America
- Kaleb Levings, Data Analytics Club
- Victoria Warren, Delta Sigma Pi
- Samuel Oakes, Economics Society
- Colton Casteel, Entrepreneurship Club
- Erica Besch, Eta Sigma Delta Honor Society
- Katie Wright, Financial Management Association
- Claire Shuster, Human Resource Management Association
- Sydney Mason, Information Security & Assurance Club
- Cody Marks, Investment Banking Club
- Adriana Cervantes, Latino Business Student Association
- Carly Pate, Marketing Club
- Gabby Barber, Net Impact
- Abby Allison, OSU Consulting Club
- Sarah Hall, Sales and Service Excellence
- Ashley Arellano, Spears Ambassadors
- Adam Dutka, Spears Freshman Community
- Tyler Brandes, Spears Transfer Community
- Austin Urbine, Sports Management Club
- Spencer Graham, Student Center for Public Trust
- Brooke Wise, Women in Business
The Brand Squad and the Data Analytics Club were recipients of the Outstanding Business Organization award.
In addition, nine students were honored for their service as Spears Ambassadors: Ashley Arellano, George Evans, Megan Haines, Emily Hairston, Ryan Jeffries, Hannah Slaatten, Jace Taggart, Allie Tipton and Emma White.
Seniors serving on Business Student Council were Abby Allison, Taylor Bui, Abby Cutter, Summer DeWeese, Kyla Ellis Woodbridge, Erin Erdoes, George Evans, Dawson Gates, Elli Hanvey, Gracie Kittleman, Jackson Louderback, Michael Pynn, Grant Shaw, Connor Wilson and Kellie Woodward.
To view photos, visit the Best of Biz photo gallery.