OSU's Veterinary Center Ph.D. program ranks in the top 50 percent in the U.S.
Celebrate the breadth of OSU research and scholarly activity during Research Week 2017
Wed, February 15, 2017
Oklahoma State University celebrates scientific discovery and scholarly activity Feb. 20-24 during Research Week 2017. Join OSU faculty and students representing the breadth of research activity at OSU for a week of events highlighting the impact of research that reaches far beyond the Oklahoma State campus.
The OSU Office of the Vice President for Research will again sponsor a series of faculty discussions to provide an overview of disciplinary research strengths at Oklahoma State. Each of the three VPR Panel Series discussions focuses on expanding areas of research at OSU. All panels take place in 416 Student Union, Case Study 2.
- The Microbiome: Monday, Feb. 20, 10 a.m. Research efforts across OSU have laid the foundation for the expansion of existing microbiome-related research through a broad, interdisciplinary base.
- OSU Research on Fire: Tuesday, Feb. 21, 1 pm. Protecting people and property is an important focus of research and outreach at Oklahoma State University.
- The Center for Integrative Research on Childhood Adversity (CIRCA): Tuesday, Feb. 22, 10 a.m. Adverse childhood experiences and the mechanisms through which they exert lifelong effects on health and functioning is the focus of the newly funded Center for Integrative Research on Childhood Adversity (CIRCA).
A special performance by artist and storyteller Susan Marie Frontczak portraying the life and work of scientist Marie Curie takes place Wednesday, Feb. 22 at 2 p.m. and 7 p.m. in the Student Union Theater.
Other events include:
- OSU Microscopy Open House: Monday, Feb. 20
- The Kamm Lecture in Higher Education: Tuesday, Feb. 21
- Science Café OSU program on forensic science and food safety: Tuesday, Feb. 21
- The OSU Sociology Bradford Gray Lecture: Tuesday, Feb. 21
- Oklahoma Center for Respiratory and Infectious Disease Seminar: Wednesday. Feb. 22
- Research Days at the Center for Health Sciences in Tulsa: Thursday and Friday, Feb. 23-24
- OSU Theatre Department production of Shipwrecked!: Thursday and Friday, Feb. 23-24
Research Week features speakers, symposiums, musical and theater performances and presentations that provide a comprehensive look at research and scholarly activity central to OSU’s mission. For more information and a complete schedule of events, visit ResearchWeek.okstate.edu.