Oklahoma State University will graduate an estimated 4,500 students this spring and
summer, and more than 3,500 are planning to participate in one of six commencement
ceremonies May 10-11 at Gallagher-Iba Arena.
Graduation exercises start with veterinary and graduate students on Friday, May 10, and conclude Saturday, May 11, with four ceremonies for undergraduate students, each featuring a different OSU alumnus as a commencement speaker.
“We are honored to have these accomplished alumni share their insights with our students and look forward to celebrating our students’ academic achievements,” said OSU President Burns Hargis.
The Oklahoma State University Pipes and Drums Band will lead the processionals into Gallagher-Iba Arena on May 11. Graduation candidates will be announced individually, photographed and presented an OSU Commencement print while crossing the stage.
The ceremonies, all at Gallagher-Iba Arena, will include:
- 1 p.m.: OSU Center for Veterinary Health Sciences hooding ceremony.
- 7 p.m.: Graduate students.
- 9 a.m.: Spears School of Business with speaker Jack Allen, chairman of Hub International CFR, an insurance brokerage.
- Noon: College of Education, Health and Aviation and the College of Agricultural Sciences and Natural Resources with speaker David A. Cockrell, co-owner of Cockrell Eyecare Center in Stillwater.
- 3 p.m.: College of Human Sciences and the College of Engineering, Architecture and Technology with speaker Rick Muncrief, chairman/CEO of WPX Energy, an oil and gas exploration company.
- 6 p.m.: College of Arts and Sciences with speaker Kelly Ogle, news anchor at KWTV News 9 in Oklahoma City.
All six ceremonies will be streamed live online at OState.tv. For more information about OSU’s commencement ceremonies, go to http://commencement.okstate.edu/.
Monica Roberts | Director of Media Relations | 405-744-4800 |email@example.com