OSU Career Services Announces Sarah Johnson as 2020 Career Champion
Friday, February 5, 2021
OSU Career Services announces Sarah Johnson, Assistant Department Head and Instructor of Professional Practice in the School of Accounting, as the recipient of the 2020 Career Champion award.
The Career Champion award recognizes Oklahoma State University faculty and staff who have championed student career development and career readiness by encouraging, fostering, and promoting professional development and career opportunities for students.
Sarah Johnson has gone above and beyond to assist OSU students with their career readiness. Her dedication extends to employer classroom visits, coordinating professional networking events, on-site field trips with employers, and additional activities throughout the year that help prepare students for their future careers. Sarah is also a consistent partner with Career Services as she works to ensure students improve their skills both in and out of the classroom.
“[Sarah] cares about each of her students personally,” stated Kellie Ebert, Manager of Career Services for the Eastin Center for Career Readiness, in her nomination form. “I have yet to ask her about a student where she didn’t know them and have some sense of their career goals.”
Abbey Davis, Director of the Eastin Center for Career Readiness, mirrors Ebert’s sentiments stating, “[Sarah] is always pushing students to improve their interpersonal skills. From practicing career fair introductions to networking activities, she is doing everything she can to get her students career-ready.”
Previously, the Career Champion award has been presented to the winner at the University Awards Convocation; however, due to COVID-19 restrictions, this year the award will be presented by the OSU Vice President of Student Affairs, Dr. Doug Hallenbeck, in a small ceremony at the OSU Career Services office.
2020 Career Champion Nominees
- Suzanne Bilbeisi, Department Head – School of Architecture
- Cara Brun, Computer Science & Statistics Academic Advisor – College of Arts and Sciences
- Rifat Bulut, Professor – School of Civil & Environmental Engineering
- Robert Emerson, Professor – School of Civil & Environmental Engineering
- Jami Fullerton, Director of Academic Programs – School of Global Studies and Partnerships
- Hannah Henson, Coordinator – Housing and Residential Life Conference Services
- Karen Hickman, Director – Environmental Science Undergraduate Program
- Jessica Holman, Chef de Cuisine– University Dining Services Celebrations Catering
- Sarah Johnson, Assistant Department Head – School of Accounting
- Amy King-Lewis, Construction Project Manager – Long Range Facilities Planning
- Amber Manning-Oulette, Assistant Professor – School of Educational Foundations, Leadership and Aviation
- Miriam McGaugh, Clinical Assistant Professor – School of Marketing & International Business
- Cara Menasco Eubanks, Graduate Program Coordinator – School of Global Studies and Partnerships
- Justin Morris, Student Support Services Coordinator – Division of Institutional Diversity
- Mohamed Soliman, Assistant Professor – School of Civil & Environmental Engineering
- Veronica Sutton, Outreach Specialist – Reboot Center with University Counseling Services
- Rick Wilson, Department Head – Department of Management Science & Information Systems
MEDIA CONTACT: Justin Siler | 405-744-5253 | email@example.com