President’s Celebration of Leadership honors faculty, staff members
Tuesday, April 12, 2022
Media Contact: Jordan Bishop | Editor, Department of Brand Management | 405-744-9782 | email@example.com
Oklahoma State University honored those who have demonstrated exceptional leadership qualities on April 6.
For the second-annual President’s Celebration of Leadership, Dr. Kayse Shrum gave out #LeadOrange awards to nine faculty and staff members inside the Nancy Randolph Davis Building.
The #LeadOrange Awards derived from the seven categories of the Social Change Model (SCM) — all of them happen to start with a C. The SCM focuses on leadership development approaches and views leadership as a purposeful, collaborative, values-based process that results in positive social change.
The winners of the awards were:
- Overall Student #LeadOrange winner: Chideha Kanu
- Overall Faculty/Staff #LeadOrange winner: Dr. Mounzer “Manny” Al-Harake
- Citizenship in Leadership: Dr. Tami Moore
- Controversy with Courage: Rashad Cockrell
- Common Purpose: Carly Noone
- Collaboration in Leadership: Corinne Kissel
- Consciousness of Self: Karina Thompson
- Congruence in Leadership: Anecia Coleman
- Commitment to Leadership: Jillian McGee
The President’s Celebration of Leadership and the #LeadOrange Awards were created by the Hargis Leadership Institute to shed light on many of the great actions of leadership that previously went unnoticed and unrecognized. OSU students who want to lead and serve in college and beyond may learn more about the OSU Hargis Leadership Institute at leadership.okstate.edu.