The Army ROTC program at OSU has commissioned more than 6,000 officers.
Mideast chaos and Japan's nuclear crisis spur - MSNBC's Dylan Ratigan to host energy discussion in Stillwater
Wed, March 23, 2011
MSNBC News Release
MSNBC’s "The Dylan Ratigan Show" announced today that it will host a three-day energy summit for the final leg of its “Steel on Wheels tour,’ from Wednesday, March 30-Friday, April 1 in Stillwater, Oklahoma.
MSNBC’s Ratigan has organized a coalition with the top experts from different fields to gather for a three-day energy summit to talk about the United States' energy policy and the need to end the country's dependence on Mideast Oil.
“The dual crisis in Japan and the Mideast has made it clear that Washington has failed for decades to set energy policy right and it is now up to us, the American People, to lead a discussion on the importance of energy independence in America,” said MSNBC’s Dylan Ratigan.
The energy summit is part of the “Steel on Wheels” tour, which has visited a total of nine cities since its launch in December of 2010, probing different resolutions for issues facing the country.
For the last “Steel on Wheels” tour, Ratigan has asked the top specialists in the energy and nuclear fields to come together to discuss the urgent nuclear crisis unfolding in Japan, the revolution in the Mideast, and how it will affect America as we seek energy independence.
The tour schedule includes stops in Oklahoma City and on the campus of Oklahoma State University:
- Wednesday, March 30 – “Steel on Wheels Energy Summit: Day One” from Oklahoma City - Truck Travel Stop
- Thursday, March 31 - “Steel on Wheels Energy Summit: Day Two” from Stillwater - OSU campus; a town hall meeting open to the public will be held at 7 p.m. at the Wes Watkins Center
- Friday, April 1 - “Steel on Wheels Energy Summit: Day Three” from Stillwater - OSU campus
Ratigan said, “For this three-day summit, we’re bringing in people from politics, the oil and gas industries to the people of the green and nuclear movements to come up with a plan that frees America from the Mideast oil vice.”
The “Steel on Wheels” Energy Summit will air live during MSNBC’s ‘The Dylan Ratigan Show’ at 3 p.m. central time. In addition, the live town hall will stream on http://www.steelonwheels.com the evening of Thursday, March 31.
About MSNBC’s “Steel on Wheels”
"Steel on Wheels," is an innovative road show dedicated to examining solutions to the most pressing problems facing the American people. What differentiates the campaign is the unique formula of tackling the nation’s most pressing problems. Here are a few examples:
- How to Fix: Healthcare (look at the Mayo Clinic’s business model) – Dylan broadcasted his show live from the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, MN. An effective, working model for affordable health care; Dylan showcased how this model can be replicated on a national scale for all Americans. The Mayo Clinic is known for its innovative and cost-effective treatments and patient care, consistently ranked as the top healthcare clinic in the country.
- How to Fix: Education (examine the Buffett model for early education and how it leads to job creation) – replicate the Buffett Foundation for early education –Dylan did a show with Susie Buffett on her family’s foundation, which Dylan believes can be adapted to a larger scale… The Buffett model believes that reaching children early (under 4 years old) is far more critical in developing their minds than reaching them later in childhood, which is what most educational systems do.
- How to Fix: Economy: (look at Boulder, CO) - Boulder has become the new "Silicon Valley" where big ideas, young talent and funding are merging to spurt innovation – can this lead to other burgeoning economies?
- How to Fix: Reclaiming High-Paying Manufacturing Jobs” – The Dylan Ratigan Show interviewed experts from the Future of Flight Aviation Center to discuss solutions to reclaim manufacturing jobs in the American workforce. The Future of Flight Aviation Center is located in Mukilteo, WA, located 25 miles north of Seattle and a regional transportation hub for the State Ferry System.
- How to Fix: Public Works Projects” - The Dylan Ratigan Show visited the Hoover Dam, which is considered to be one of the most successful public works programs in terms of the many benefits it provides. In addition, the show will focus on the crisis in Nevada, which is considered to be the epicenter of the nation’s foreclosure crisis.