The OSU Student Union is the largest comprehensive university union in the world.
OSU Allied Arts unveils new season
Thu, August 21, 2014
Oklahoma State University Allied Arts is offering an exciting season for 2014-15 with six performances that range from the music of the isles to big laughs and awesome acrobatics. Allied Arts shows offer live, world-class talent for an escape from the ordinary that one patron recently called “one of the best things about living in Stillwater.”
This year's Allied Arts series includes:
- Asphalt Orchestra from New York City, which is primed to deliver a high-energy kick off on Sept. 12.
- Travel with the angelic Scottish singer and musician Julie Fowlis on a trip abroad when she performs "The Music of the Scottish Isles" Oct. 14.
- L.A. Theatre Works will take the stage Nov. 4 to present the powerful play "In the Heat of the Night."
- The Second City will help ring in 2015 with laughs on Jan. 22.
- Prepare to hold your breath when Cirque Zuma Zuma presents an acrobatic cirque show on Feb. 16.
- Ballet West II will conclude the season with a mixed repertoire to fascinate both dance enthusiasts and novices alike. Be inspired on March 3.
All performances are held in the OSU Seretean Center Concert Hall and begin at 8 p.m.
Prior to each performance, a free lecture called "The Inside Story" is held in room 123 of the Seretean Center to give people a chance to hear from the artists before they perform. “Attendees may ask questions and the discussions are always lively. Last year, the group Street Corner Symphony actually took a request and sang a song,” said Allied Arts Coordinator Brandon Mitts.
OSU students can use their bursar to purchase a season pass for $40 at alliedarts.okstate.edu. Regular season tickets are also available. They are $75-90 for adults and $40 for children 12 and under. For more information or to place your order, call (405) 744-7509. Individual performance tickets are available Sept. 1.