Learning how to build and work with teams, communicating with individuals inside and outside the organization, and resolving conflicts in the workplace are benefits of attending the Certificate of Effective Management and Leadership series sponsored by Oklahoma State University’s Spears School of Business.
The series will consist of 10 sessions between March and November at the Oklahoma State University – Oklahoma City campus.
This series is designed for individuals in a front-line manager position or individual leaders that are in a management position. “These seminars will teach participants the skills they need to manage projects while making agile decisions on behalf of their teams and organizations,” Sarah Williams, program coordinator, said.
The schedule includes the following OSU faculty members and administrators and their presentations:
- March 9 – Raj Basu – “The Manager as the Conflict Resolver”
- April 5 – Craig Wallace – “High Involvement Leadership”
- May 9 – Matt Bowler – “Leading Change”
- June 7 – Jason Kirksey – “Diversity: The Logic and Common ¢ents of Diversity”
- July 11 & 12 (webinar) – Lex Washington – “Men, Women, and Gender Roles at Work”
- July 13 – Lex Washington – “Developing Your Emotional Intelligence”
- August 17 – Dean Ken Eastman – “Managing Business Relationships and Careers”
- September 12 – Bryan Edwards – “Managing Confrontations”
- October 12 – Andrew Urich – “The Power of Influence”
- November 9 – Lee Manzer – “Developing Effective Attitudes in the Workplace”
Participants must attend at least eight of the 10 seminars in order to receive the OSU Certificate of Effective Management and Leadership. Non-certificate participants are welcome and encouraged to register for individual sessions. There is also an opportunity to earn .3 Continuing Education Units for each session attended, and CPE credit is available upon request.
Registration for each session is $250 per person. Groups of eight or more who register together will receive a discount of $25 per person per session. Fees include instruction, materials, refreshments, and CEU/CPE certificates.
To register or for more information, visit https://cepd.okstate.edu/openenrollment/certificate-of-effective-management-and-leadership/ or contact Sarah Williams, OSU program coordinator, at 405-744-5208 or 866-678-3933 or by email at email@example.com.