OSU to host Predictive Medicine and Health Analytics Conference in Oklahoma City
Thursday, February 9, 2017
The conference is sponsored by the Oklahoma State University Center for Health Systems Innovation, the Spears School of Business and the Center for Health Sciences and designed for health systems administrators, project leaders in health care/providers, administrators in charge of quality outcome measures, health care financial analysts, clinical quality officials and directors, payers, insurance providers, and medical directors.
“This conference brings together some of the leading experts in healthcare and analytics from across the nation to Oklahoma,” said William Paiva, executive director of the Center for Health Systems Innovation. “They will provide real-world examples of how to use predictive and population health analytics to improve clinical outcomes, increase care delivery efficiency, and manage costs more effectively.”
An optional OSU Executive Management Briefing luncheon presentation by Dr. Kyu Rhee, chief health officer at IBM Corporation with global responsibilities for Watson Health, is available for participants. His presentation will discuss health transformation in the cognitive era.
Topics for the conference include: Population Health Trends within the Evolving Value Based Health Care Economy; How “Little Data” is Needed to Transform Health Care; Population Health Management: Enabling Care Delivery Transformation through Advances in Cloud Computing, Big Data Platform and Closed Loop Intelligence, and a panel will address Delivery of Health Care: Payers and Providers Using Predictive Analytics and Population Health to Improve Health Care Outcomes and Manage Costs.
Speakers for this conference are:
- Bo Nemalka, Director, Leavitt Partners, LLC, Chicago
- Rick Peters, Chief Information Officer, Dell Medical School, University of Texas at Austin, Austin, Texas
- Bharat Sutariya, Vice President and Chief Medical Officer, Population Health, Cerner, Kansas City, Missouri
- Kyu Rhee, Chief Health Officer, IBM Corporation (Global Responsibilities for Watson Health), New York City
- Jesse Campbell, Chief Administrative Officer, Mercy Clinic West, Oklahoma City
- Lloyd Hildebrand, Department of Ophthalmology, Dean McGee Eye Institute, Oklahoma City
- Michael Peercy, Epidemiologist/Biostatistician, Division of Research and Public Health, Department of Health, Chickasaw Nation, Ada, Okla.
Oklahoma Heart Hospital is a silver sponsor of the conference.
Individual registration for the conference is $225 per person or $280 per person with the optional luncheon presentation by Kyu Rhee. A discount is available for groups of eight or more.
To register or for more information, visit cepd.okstate.edu/openenrollment/conferences/healthcare-okc/ or contact Krysta Gilbert, program coordinator at 405-744-5208 or 866-678-3933 or by email at email@example.com. Sponsorships are still available.