Actress Kim Coles and Emmy Award-winning television journalist Cindy Morrison are among the speakers highlighting this year’s 27th Annual Women’s Business Leadership Conference March 7 at the Hyatt Regency Hotel in Tulsa.
Oklahoma State University’s Spears School of Business is partnering with the Oklahoma International Women’s Forum as well as the International Women’s Forum Leadership Foundation to present the conference.
Coles is a multi-faceted actress, comedian, author and speaker who has delighted audiences all over the world for over 32 years, including appearing in ground-breaking television shows like Living Color and Living Single. Morrison spent 20 years as a television news anchor and investigative reporter in Oklahoma City and Tulsa before starting SocialVention, a company that teaches brands how to strategically use social media.
Participants will learn how to effectively move toward their career goals, how to develop themselves and others, as well as how to enhance leadership skills from expert women leaders. This day-long conference (8:30 a.m.-3:30 p.m.) will feature multiple speakers from different areas who have significant experience within the business world. Each woman will bring a passion and insight to their specific topic. The moderator for the conference will be Alexis Smith-Washington, assistant professor of management at Spears Business.
Sessions will be as follows:
- “Authentic Connections: Your Secret Sauce to Business Success” – Ramunda Lark Young, CEO and Connections Strategist of Ramunda Young, Inc.
- “Mentoring – The Value of It, How Best to Do It, Benefits to the Mentor and Mentee” – Wanda Schiller, Managing Counsel for BP
- “How to Become a Social Media Rockstar: Tips and Tricks that Work” – Cindy Morrison, Owner and Founder of SocialVention
- Luncheon Speaker: “Live, Love and Laugh ... Outloud” – Kim Coles, actress, author, speaker
- “Reaching a Balance Between Career and Life: Ways to Help You Succeed in Both Worlds” – Candice Carlyon, Managing Attorney for FedEx Custom Critical
- “The Critical Need to Reinvent: You Cannot Stay Complacent in this Rapidly Changing World” – Rebecca Armen Lyman, Principal/Co-founder of The Garrigan Lyman Group
This year, Coles and Morrison will have a booth set up to give participants the option of purchasing their books.
Early bird participant registration is $225 per person if registered before Feb. 23, increasing to $275 after that date. Registration fees include electronic materials, refreshments and lunch. Vegetarian options are available.
Sponsorships are still available. Contact Kelle Scott for more details at email@example.com or call at 405.744.8679 for more details.
For more information or to register for the conference, call 405.744.5208 or visit https://business.okstate.edu/cepd/open-enrollment/conferences/women-leadership/index.html