The Spears School of Business was well represented at the annual University Awards Convocation ceremony when several faculty members and a staff member were recognized for their contributions to the school’s success on Dec. 4 at the ConocoPhillips OSU Alumni Center.
“We have some of the best faculty and staff on campus and I was delighted to see so many of them recognized at Convocation,” said Ken Eastman, dean of Spears Business. “We celebrate their success and greatly appreciate their tireless devotion to our students, their profession and OSU.”
Spears Business employees honored were:
- Federico Aime, professor in the Department of Management and William S. Spears Chair of Business Administration, was recognized as a recipient of the Regents Distinguished Research Award, which carries a $2,000 permanent stipend. The award recognizes faculty who have shown unusual, significant achievement in their field of research.
- Goutam Chakraborty, SAS professor of marketing analysis in the School of Marketing and International Business and director of the Master’s in Business Analytics program, was presented with the Leave the Ladder Down Award, given to one faculty member, one staff member and an administrator who have successfully mentored and encouraged others to reach their full potential.
- Bryan Edwards, associate professor and Joe Synar Chair in the Department of Management, was the recipient of the Outreach Faculty Excellence Award, which includes a $1,000 stipend.
- Brad Lawson, assistant professor and Oscar S. Gellein/Delloitte and Touche Professor in the School of Accounting, was presented the Distinguished Early Career Faculty Award, which includes a $2,000 stipend. This award recognizes faculty members who were awarded tenure within the past three years and demonstrate a strong potential for continued contributions to the University and to his/her profession in the area of instruction, research and creative activity and outreach.
- Jeanine Porck, assistant professor in the Department of Management, was recognized with the Merrick Foundation Teaching Award, presented to a faculty member who is judged to bring students a better understanding and appreciation of the American economic system. She receives a $2,500 stipend.
- Chantelle Quick, academic counselor in the Chesapeake Energy Business Student Success Center, was the recipient of the Advising Excellence Award.
- Ajay Sukhdial, associate professor in the School of Marketing and International Business, was recognized as a recipient of the Regents Distinguished Teaching Award, which carries a $2,000 permanent stipend. The award recognizes faculty who have shown unusual, significant achievement in the instruction of students for an extended number of years.
- Tara Urich, professor of professional practice in the Department of Management, received the inaugural Excellence in Teaching Award for Adjunct Faculty, which carries a $1,000 stipend. The award is presented to a non-tenure track faculty member with three or more years of service and whose primary assignment is instruction.
- Craig Watters, clinical associate professor in the School of Entrepreneurship and director of the Raita Institute for Global Social Entrepreneurship, was the recipient of the Global Education Faculty Excellence Award. The award recognizes faculty members who have distinguished themselves by integrating a global perspective into instruction, research and outreach. The awardee receives a $1,000 stipend.
In addition, the following Spears Business faculty were recognized after recently being appointed to endowed chair and professorship positions:
- Bat Batjargal, Fran D. Jabara Chair in Business
- Audrey Gramling, Wilton T. Anderson Chair in Accounting
- Sarah Johnson, Patrick B. Dorr Professorship
- Lisa Lambert, William S. Spears Chair in Business Administration
- Brad Lawson, Oscar S. Gellein/Delloitte and Touche Professorship
- Curtis Moore, Daniel White Jordan Chair
- Ramesh Rao, Watson Family Chair for Commodity and Financial Risk Management
- Angela Spencer, Lanny G. Chasteen Chair in Accounting
- Kevin Voss, Don and Cathey Humphreys Business Chair