Oklahoma State University’s School of Accounting will host the 19th Annual Accounting and Financial Reporting Conference and 15th Annual Oil and Gas Accounting Conference Nov. 14-15 at the Renaissance Tulsa Hotel & Convention Center.
These conferences are for all professionals in accounting and financial reporting. Attendees will earn eight hours of CPE credit, including two hours of ethics, by attending the Accounting and Financial Reporting Conference and earn four hours of CPE credit by attending the Oil and Gas Accounting Conference.
“The School of Accounting is excited to continue to offer our annual accounting conferences this November,” said Audrey A. Gramling, head of the School of Accounting and Wilton T. Anderson Chair. “These conferences provide participants a great opportunity to learn from nationally recognized experts in the field, as well as the opportunity to network with other professionals.”
The 19th Annual Accounting and Financial Reporting Conference will be from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Nov. 14. The conference topics and speakers are:
- “Current SEC Reporting Issues” with Brad Skinner, senior assistant chief accountant, Office of Natural Resources and Food, U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission, Washington, D.C.;
- PCAOB update with Timothy P. Sikes, deputy director, PCAOB, Dallas;
- “A Conceptual Framework for Financial Reporting” with Christine A. Botosan, board member, FASB, Norwalk, Conn.;
- “What Non-Technical Accountants Need to Know to Navigate the Cybersecurity Landscape” with David Losacco, principal, Stinnett & Associates, Tulsa;
- “Creative Leadership: From Debits and Credits to Rhythm and Rhyme” with Tim DuBois, president of Tim DuBois Music and award-winning, Grammy-nominated songwriter, producer and legendary music executive, Nashville;
- “Achieving Inclusion Amidst Unconscious Bias” with Dr. Lex Smith Washington, associate professor of management, Spears School of Business, Oklahoma State University, Stillwater;
- Risk Management: CFO/CAO panel with Craig Boetle, chief financial officer, Paycom, Oklahoma City; Angie Drake, senior managing director, integration and former chief financial officer, The Charles Machine Works, Perry, Okla.; Spencer Haines, chief financial officer, Love’s Travel Stops & Country Stores, Oklahoma City, and William M. Buergler, senior vice president, chief accounting officer, Chesapeake Energy, Oklahoma City;
- “Ethics Under Pressure” with Rachel Cox, instructor of professional practice, School of Accounting, Spears School of Business, Oklahoma State University, Stillwater;
- “Fraud’s Latest Trends: It’s Time to Fight Back” with Todd Burchett, partner, Forensics & Valuation Services, BKD CPAs & Advisors, San Antonio.
The Accounting and Financial Reporting Conference platinum sponsors are Halliburton and Paycom. Gold sponsors are Chesapeake Energy, ConocoPhillips, Opportune, Stinnett & Associates and WPX Energy, and silver sponsors are Deloitte, EY, Grant Thornton, KPMG and RSM.
The 15h Annual Oil and Gas Accounting Conference will be from 8 a.m. to 12:10 p.m. Nov. 15. The conference topics and speakers are:
- “SEC Staff Perspective in Accounting and Reporting Matters” with Jonathan Duersch, associate chief accountant, Office of the Chief Accountant, U.S. Securities & Exchange Commission, Washington, D.C.;
- “Indirect Tax Automation: The Future is Now” with Holly Hamby, managing director, Tax Management Consulting, Deloitte, Houston;
- “The Preeminent Role of Energy in the Global Economic War” with Kevin Freeman, CFA, Host of “Economic War Room with Kevin Freeman” on The Blaze TV, Irving, Texas;
- “Midstream Financing in Today’s Markets” with Robert Fitzgerald, executive vice president, chief financial officer, SemGroup, Tulsa.
The Oil and Gas Accounting Conference platinum sponsors are Halliburton and Paycom, and gold sponsors are Chesapeake Energy, ConocoPhillips, Deloitte, EY, Grant Thornton, Opportune, SemGroup, Waterfield Energy and WPX Energy.
Cost of attendance is $325 per person for the Accounting and Financial Reporting Conference and $215 per person for the Oil and Gas Accounting Conference. Register at https://business.okstate.edu/cepd/acct/acctfrc/index.html or by calling 405-744-5208.
Contact: Krysta Gilbert | CEPD Program Coordinator | 405.744.5208 | email@example.com