OSU, OU to offer online Executive Development Program for State Officials
Monday, May 18, 2020
The OSU Spears School of Business 15th annual Executive Development Program for State Officials has been moved online for the month of September. This program, hosted in collaboration with the University of Oklahoma, is designed for leaders in state government to equip them with the tools needed to more effectively lead their departments and agencies for increased effectiveness.
The program is created around the executive leadership competencies of business acumen, leading change, leading people, results driven and building coalitions and communication. This online program with videos and live Zoom sessions will help public agency leaders effectively lead their team as they face increased pressure to produce results with limited resources.
“This program is directly on point for teaching leaders the management skills needed to motivate, lead, coach, mentor and deal with difficult situations,” said Lisa Endres, chief of the Legal and Business Division, Oklahoma Department of Transportation, and a 2019 graduate of the Executive Development Program for State Officials.
The program topics are:
- “Managing Confrontations” with Bryan Edwards, associate professor of management, OSU;
- “Building Powerful Communication Skills” with Ryan Bisel, professor of organizational communication, OU;
- “Leading Change” with Matt Bowler, associate professor of management and director of the MBA program, OSU;
- “Using Evaluations and Motivational Skills to Create a High-Performance Work Environment” with Michael Buckley, JC Penney Company Chair of Business Leadership and professor of management and psychology, OU;
- “Organizational Problem Solving Using Action Learning” with Patrick Malone, director of Key Executive Leadership Programs, American University, Washington, D.C.;
- “Driving Organization Performance through Employee Engagement” with Abbey Davis, director of Eastin Center for Career Readiness, OSU;
- “Managing Teams Virtually” with Raj Basu, associate professor of management, OSU;
- “Creating an Inspiring Employee-Centric Team” with Pearl Sumathi, assistant professor of professional practice in management, OSU.
Registration for the program is $1,550. There is an early bird registration fee of $1,350 if registered by July 15.
MEDIA CONTACT: Terry Tush | Director, Marketing and Communications | 405.744.2703 | firstname.lastname@example.org