The OSU Spears School of Business is offering a new virtual Diversity and Inclusion Series. As racial injustice and inequality have come to the country’s attention with this year’s nationwide protest, Spears Business is offering this relevant and timely series to businesses and organizations throughout Oklahoma.
“Inclusion starts with self-awareness, both as individuals and as an organization,” said Dr. Alexis Smith Washington, senior inclusion officer, associate professor of management and William S. Spears Chair of Business Administration. “This series will help organizations go beyond stereotypes and biases and help employees increase their skills in reaching out and touching others on a personal level.”
The webinar series addresses the topics offered by instructors in Spears Business:
- “Barriers to Inclusion: Unconscious Bias, Microaggressions & Polarized Positions” with Smith Washington.
- “Authentic Leadership” with Abbey Davis, MBA, director of the Eastin Center for Career Readiness.
- “Building Connections and Getting Curious with Mindfulness” with Davis.
- “Crucial Communications” with Dr. Bryan Edwards, Joe Synar Chair, associate professor of management.
- “Prevention of Discrimination” with Griffin Pivateau, J.D., associate professor of Legal Studies in Business, Puterbaugh Professor of Legal Studies and Ethics in Business.
- “Wake Up to Unconscious Bias: The Emotionally Intelligent Leader’s Guide to Inclusion” with Smith Washington.
This series is customizable to fit any organization’s diversity and inclusion needs. The sessions can also be used to supplement a current organization’s program offerings or a session can be used for a talk on a particular subject for an association meeting. For more information about this series and bringing it onsite to your organization, contact the Center for Executive and Professional Development at 405-744-5208 or email@example.com.
MEDIA CONTACT: Terry Tush | Director, Marketing and Communications | 405-744-2703 | firstname.lastname@example.org