Spears School of Business will host personal finance webinar series
Thursday, April 16, 2020
The OSU Spears School of Business will host a six-part personal finance webinar series during the months of May and June. The webinars, including questions and discussion through video chat, are scheduled 10-11:15 a.m. on each date. Recorded programs will also be available for those with conflicts.
The series is designed to help individuals and small businesses learn good practices when handling personal finances.
Programs in the personal finance certificate series include:
- May 7, Financial Wellness by Rachel Domnick, CPA and instructor, School of Accounting;
- May 11, Setting Up an Emergency Fund by Nancy Titus-Piersma, lecturer, Department of Finance.
Webinars offered by Dr. David Carter, Greg Massey Professor of Finance, Department of Finance, include:
- May 15, Investing Risk and Reward;
- May 22, Introduction to Financial Institutions and Markets;
- June 12, Using Financial Information, and
- June 17, Time Value of Money: A Dollar Today is Worth More Than a Dollar Tomorrow.
Each webinar is designed to teach specific behaviors that encourage financial stability through best practices.
“Through this series we hope participants feel more empowered to handle their personal finances,” Domnick said. “Hopefully by learning about these good practices, participants can feel a sense of stability among these uncertain times.”
Sessions are $125 each or discounted to $525 for the series of six sessions. Find more information and register at www.cepd.okstate.edu or by contacting the Center for Executive and Professional Development at 405-744-5208.
Contact: Krysta Gilbert | Assistant Program Manager | 405.744.5208 | Krysta.email@example.com