OSU’s College of Engineering, Architecture and Technology mentors honored
Wednesday, January 23, 2019
Eight OSU College of Engineering, Architecture and Technology (CEAT) students have been honored for their work as mentors by the Oklahoma Foundation for Excellence through the Boren Mentoring Initiative. These students were among 86 outstanding mentors honored throughout the state at Oklahoma Mentor Day on Jan. 18 at OSU’s Wes Watkins Center.
CEAT students honored were:
- Scott Cornelius, Architecture Mentoring Program
- Chelsea Streets, Chemical Engineering Student Mentor Program
- Joseph Nguyen, Inspiring Successful Engineers
- Angela Peter, Parker Engineering, Architecture and Technology Experts (PEATE)
- Courtney Andrews, Scholars Mentoring Program
- Lindsey Marsh, Student Council Big-Little Program, CEAT
- Brooke Ryan, Summer Bridge Program
- Emily Michalak, Women Inspiring Successful Engineers
More than 100 students serve in 10 mentoring programs within CEAT.
“Mentoring is such an important part of a young person’s development, and for college students, their professional development,” said Lance Millis, director of Student Academic Services. “Our involvement with the Boren Mentoring Initiative and Oklahoma Mentor Day has brought a lot of focus on the meaningful impact of mentors operating within our college.”
The Boren Mentoring Initiative is a program of the Oklahoma Foundation for Excellence, a statewide nonprofit that recognizes and encourages academic excellence in Oklahoma’s public schools. The initiative promotes the growth and development of quality youth mentoring programs statewide.