OSU offers resources for job-seeking seniors
Friday, April 17, 2020
With unemployment claims spiking and widespread economic unrest due to COVID-19, graduating college seniors are facing a job market fraught with challenges.
The OSU Eastin Center for Career Readiness at the Spears School of Business is there to help, with free virtual boot camps for graduating seniors, the Virtual Professional Development Series, virtual resume assistance and more.
The upcoming schedule of virtual boot camp sessions includes:
• Interviewing Part 1: Remote Interviewing and Virtual Etiquette (2 p.m., April 22)
• Interviewing Part 2: How to Interview Successfully (2 p.m., April 23)
• Should I Pursue a Graduate Degree? (2 p.m., April 28)
• How Do I Become More Marketable During My Job Search? (2 p.m., April 29)
• Career Coach Q&A Panel (2 p.m., April 30)
From now until the end of the semester, the Eastin Center also will share weekly themes and resources on social media to help students with professional development as part of its Virtual Professional Development Series. Some topics include: mindfulness, networking, job searching during COVID-19 and self-development.
In this podcast, OStateTV’s Julia Benbrook talks with Assistant Director of Student Relations Lindsay Vallaster and Associate Director of Employee Relations Philip Goodwin about what the job market looks like right now, how to stay relevant as a candidate and what OSU Career Services can do to help upcoming graduates and OSU alumni.
MEDIA CONTACT: Mack Burke | Editorial Coordinator | 405.744.5540 | firstname.lastname@example.org