Submission process begins for 2020 OSU Online Teaching Excellence Award
Friday, September 18, 2020
The nomination process for the OSU Online Teaching Excellence Award is now open.
The award, which recognizes a faculty member for a strong commitment to engaged online teaching and student success, consists of a $1,500 stipend and an award plaque. The plaque is presented to the winning nominee as part of the President’s Convocation each fall.
“We are excited to recognize outstanding online teaching. Due to COVID, it’s more relevant than ever now,” said Christine Ormsbee, associate provost and director of the Institute for Teaching and Learning Excellence. “We have so many instructors employing innovative methods in online teaching and their dedication deserves to be recognized.”
Criteria for the award focuses on evidence of a nominee’s:
- demonstration of a high level of instruction
- use of effective and innovative online teaching practices that result in student engagement, student satisfaction, and effectiveness in achieving desired learning outcomes
- demonstration of a commitment to fostering the academic success of online students
- use of effective methods of assessment of student learning
- frequency of online teaching activity
To make a nomination, submit a nomination letter of up to three pages to firstname.lastname@example.org. Each nomination also requires three letters of support (one must be from the faculty member’s department head) and documentation of effective teaching (teaching evaluations, student surveys, peer observations, etc.).
Nomination materials will be accepted by email no later than 5 p.m. Oct. 16, 2020.
Awards will be presented at the Faculty Awards Convocation in December. Winners and their college administrators will be notified in advance of the presentation.
Direct questions and nomination packets to:
MEDIA CONTACT: Mack Burke | Editorial Coordinator | 405.744.5540 | email@example.com