OSU Opera Theatre to present Into the Woods
Friday, March 17, 2023
Media Contact: Elizabeth Gosney | CAS Marketing and Communications Manager | 405-744-7497 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Oklahoma State University Opera Theatre will present Stephen Sondheim’s Into the Woods on Thursday and Friday, March 30 and 31, at The McKnight Center for the Performing Arts in Stillwater.
The cast and orchestra are comprised of students from OSU’s Michael and Anne Greenwood School of Music and the Department of Theatre. Stage director B. Peter Westerhoff; conductor and music director Megan Barth Argo; and assistant music directors Steve Sanders and April Golliver-Mohiuddin will be joined by OSU President Kayse Shrum, who will voice the part of the Giant.
Into the Woods premiered on Broadway in 1987 and won Tony Awards for best score, best book and best actress in a musical. The story includes characters from several familiar fairy tales, such as Little Red Riding Hood, Rapunzel and Cinderella.
The cast will feature special guest artist and recent OSU Opera alumnus Dylan Aaron from Stillwater. Current OSU opera students also in the cast include:
- Adeline Skillman (Stillwater)
- Ainsley Carmichael (Carrollton, Texas)
- Alicen Criner (Houston)
- Analisa Gallegos (Corpus Christi, Texas)
- Anaya Harris (Everman, Texas)
- Bailey Bovenschen (Stillwater)
- Brennan Lacy (Stillwater)
- Casey Shapiro (Norman, Oklahoma)
- Cassie Andel (Ardmore, Oklahoma)
- Charlotte Sams (Tulsa)
- Christian Diaz (Frisco, Texas)
- Dylan Hilbert (Roanoke, Texas)
- Elizabeth Brockman (McKinney, Texas)
- Evan Reitan (Stillwater)
- Grae Taylor (Pond Creek, Oklahoma)
- Hayley Hitt (Muskogee, Oklahoma)
- Jade Robinson (Depew, Oklahoma)
- Jill Brown (Trophy Club, Texas)
- Jordan Roberts (Brownwood, Texas)
- Lilliana Cudley (Fremont, Nebraska)
- Mike Bullington (Keller, Texas)
- Skyla Robison (Dewey, Oklahoma)
- Wesley Rice (Ardmore, Oklahoma)
The two-act musical — which is based on the book by James Lapine — will begin at 7:30 p.m. on both nights and include a 15-minute intermission. Due to licensing regulations, there will be no live-streaming option.
Tickets can be purchased on the McKnight Center’s website or through their box office. General admission is $12, seniors $10 and students $7. Ordering tickets in advance is recommended.
OSU Opera welcomes donations for future production funding and student scholarships. Donations to the Opera Program Fund or the Opera Scholarship Fund can be made through the OSU Foundation. For more information, contact April Golliver-Mohiuddin at 405-564-4961.