Spears Business continues to grow as enrollment numbers reach all-time highs
Friday, September 10, 2021
Media Contact: Bailey Stacy | Communications Coordinator, Marketing & Communications | 405-744-2700 | email@example.com
The Spears School of Business is experiencing strong growth in its student enrollment as part of Oklahoma State University’s robust enrollment numbers this fall.
OSU welcomed the second-largest incoming class this fall and the largest one-year increase in new transfer students in school history. Spears Business saw a 5.21% increase, or 195 students, for the Stillwater campus compared with fall 2020, including a record number of undergraduate students (4,631).
“We are extremely pleased with the increase in our enrollment numbers,” said Dean Dr. Ken Eastman. “More and more students are discovering the exceptional educational and professional opportunities provided by Spears Business, and we welcome them into our family. It is also gratifying to see our efforts to recruit underserved and underrepresented students pay off as we welcome our most inclusive and diverse freshman class. We strive to have an inclusive environment and appreciate the value diversity brings to our educational experience.”
The number of undergraduate Spears Business students are increasing on the Stillwater campus:
- 4,631 Spears Business undergraduate students, the largest class
- 315 online-only business students, another record
- 732 new freshmen, a 13.5% increase from fall 2020
- 121 incoming first-generation students are the most ever for Spears Business, a 16.5% increase from fall 2020
- 316 students make up the largest new transfer class, a 21.5% increase from fall 2020
The graduate program, including both the Stillwater and Tulsa campuses, include:
- 791 students, a 11.25% increase in overall graduate program students
- 177 international students, up 26.4% over 2020
- 342 online graduate students, up 23% from fall 2020
Total Spears Business enrollment for undergraduate and graduate students at both the Stillwater and Tulsa campuses is 5,519 for the fall, a 5% increase from a year ago.
OSU announced that combined university enrollment at the Stillwater and Tulsa campuses for undergraduate and graduate students is 24,660, an increase of 255 students across the two campuses from last year. Nearly 4,300 first-time students are enrolled, an increase of more than 123 students from fall of last year and marginalized and underrepresented students make up over 30% of the incoming class, the most diverse OSU class on record.