OSU invites energy professionals to 14th Annual Energy Conference
Tuesday, March 30, 2021
Oil & Gas. Renewables. Technology. As an energy professional, you know how important it is to keep up to date on trends and to network with others in the business world.
Join us as we bring together leaders in the energy sector for an energetic exchange of ideas and valuable insights that will help you navigate this often-turbulent global industry. For 14 years, the OSU Energy Conference has provided you a deeper understanding of the energy industry as it is today and a look into its future.
The OSU Spears School of Business is inviting energy professionals to the 14th Annual Energy Conference. The conference, which will be held virtually May 12 from 9 a.m. to 3:30 p.m., will focus on the current energy market, where Oklahoma stands in that market, and what to expect in 2021 and beyond.
“The energy industry is always in a state of transition,” said Dr. Ken Eastman, dean of Spears Business. “So we have invited experts who are immersed in energy daily and business leaders who keep an eye its evolution to share their opinions and industry insights with you.”
The Energy Conference will be moderated by Dr. Betty Simkins, Williams Companies Professor of Business and head of the Department of Finance in Spears Business.
Scheduled to present include:
- Evan Andersen, co-founder and CEO of Oseberg, a leading SaaS and data intelligence company in the oil and gas industry that offers a compelling new approach to rapidly convert public regulatory and county level data into actionable intelligence. Andersen will present “AI and ML in Heavy Industry: Overcoming Cultural Barriers to Leverage Technology in Industries Where Value is Hiding in Plain Sight … It’s Not Me, It’s You. Well, It’s Sorta Me.”
- Scott Sheffield, a director of Pioneer Natural Resources. He became a director of Pioneer Natural Resources in August 1997, when he became the company’s founding CEO. He had been an executive officer of one of its predecessors, Parker & Parsley Petroleum Co., since 1989. Sheffield will present “The Rise of the Largest Oil Field in the World.”
- Robert Bryce, a Texas-based author, journalist and film producer. He has been writing about energy and politics for three decades, during which he covered everything from Enron’s bankruptcy and the digitization of drilling rigs to nuclear energy and the future of batteries. Bryce will present “Renewable Dreams, Hydrocarbon Realities, and the Fuels of the Future.”
- Pierce H. Norton II, president and chief executive officer of ONE Gas, one of the largest natural gas utilities in the United States serving 2.2 million customers in Oklahoma, Kansas and Texas. Norton will present “Thinking Differently About Natural Gas and a Clean Future.”
- Jill Sharp, Vice President of Finance – Western Hemisphere for Halliburton. She is also an Oklahoma State grad and a Spears School of Business Hall of Fame inductee. Sharp will present “Managing Today to Fuel Tomorrow, through the Eyes of an Oilfield Service Pioneer.”
- John Freeman joined Raymond James Equity Research in 2000. Currently, he’s Managing Director and Head of Energy Research. Before joining Raymond James, he worked for AIM Management. Freeman will present “U.S. Has Become the Swing Producer: How Will It’s Newfound Role Impact the Global Oil Market and Energy Public Equities.”
The 14th Annual Energy Conference is pleased to announce GrantThornton as Gold Sponsor and RSM as a Bronze Sponsor.
For additional conference information or to register visit https://business.okstate.edu/cepd/programs/energy_conference.html. The 14th Annual Energy Conference is offered through the OSU Center for Executive and Professional Develop at OSU.
For more information, contact Kelle.Scott@okstate.edu, program manager, OSU Center for Executive and Professional Development, or call 405-744-5208. Sponsorships are available upon inquiry.
CPE Credit Information: After attending this conference, you will earn 4.5 hours of CPE Specialized Knowledge-Technical credit and .9 hours of CPE Economics-Technical credit for a total of 5.4 hours of CPE.
MEDIA CONTACT: Terry Tush | Director, Marketing and Communications | 405-744-2703 | firstname.lastname@example.org