7 OSU faculty members honored with 2022 Regents Distinguished Research Award
Tuesday, September 19, 2023
Media Contact: Harrison Hill | Senior Research Communications Specialist | 405-744-5827 | email@example.com
Oklahoma State University honored seven faculty members with the 2022 Regents Distinguished Research Award during the December 2022 University Awards Convocation.
The award recipients must demonstrate a distinguished record of past and continuing excellence in research and be recognized nationally and internationally.
“Research excellence is one of the hallmarks of our land-grant university,” said Dr. Kenneth Sewell, OSU’s vice president for research. “These honorees are great examples of the impact our faculty have on their disciplines and society at large, not to mention the transformative effect they have on their students here on campus.”
The Regents Distinguished Research Award program includes one award per college, except the College of Arts and Sciences which has two — one in the sciences and one in the arts/humanities disciplines.
Regents Distinguished Research Award Recipients
- Dr. Tilanka Chandrasekera — Design and Merchandising, College of Education and Human Sciences
- Dr. Mostafa Elshahed — Microbiology and Molecular Genetics, College of Arts and Sciences
- Dr. Guoliang Fan — Electrical and Computer Engineering, College of Engineering, Architecture and Technology
- Dr. Thomas Lanners — Music, College of Arts and Sciences
- Dr. Akhilesh Ramachandran — Pathobiology, College of Veterinary Medicine
- Dr. Betty Simkins — Finance, Spears School of Business
- Dr. Ning Wang — Biosystems and Agricultural Engineering, Ferguson College of Agriculture